The primary objective of FAWOAM is to protect and promote the interests of its members. Specifically, the objectives are:
- To promote, preserve and protect the interests of all automobile workshop owners in the country;
- To promote and enhance the automobile repair services through education and training;
- To promote knowledge of and compliance with regulations;
- To act as a spokesman for the automobile repair industry in its dealings with Government, private sector bodies and any other institutions;
- To provide services and programmes designed to make the automobile repair industry more professional, successful and profitable;
- To encourage initiative and enterprise in the belief that competition best serves the motoring consumers and the industry;
- To maintain and enhance the image of the industry.